Monday, August 25, 2014

I didn't tell a soul, and they all promised to keep it a secret. - --LUCY RICARDO, I Love Lucy


MY LATEST SEWING PROJECT WAS INSPIRED BY ONE OF LUCILLE BALL'S
OUTFITS IN "I LOVE LUCY".
 
I USED VINTAGE VOGUE PATTERN V9000.

It was actually pretty easy but it WAS time consuming.
The skirt part is 6 panels which then make a circle skirt and the blouse part was lots of bits.
It took bucket loads of coffee to firstly cut out the pattern pieces and then another galloon of Earl Grey to then pin & cut out the fabric & then litres of Camomile Tea to then MARK the pattern pieces. So many darts !

BY THE LIVIN' HARRY!

I really like the pointed collar & the funky turned up pointy sleeve cuffs. (which were surprisingly simple to do).
It is navy and white polka dots with white collar & cuffs.
I am a big fan of simple classic styles that have interesting design details.

I haven't made the matching belt yet because I haven't got the weird device needed to punch the belt hole whatchamacallits.

All in all I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out and I think (now all the pieces are cut out) I will make more of this pattern.

I am a fan of a cotton shirt dress. In Queensland it is a very wearable classic vintage piece

xoxoxoxoxo


 








 
 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
 

4 comments:

  1. OMG I Looooooooooooooooooooooooooove this!!! Lucy has the best wardrobe (though Ethel is almost always wearing an amazing swirl). I so want one of these dresses now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make this dress also. Did you use a vintage pattern? Can you share the pattern number and where you found it?

    ReplyDelete