Sunday, April 9, 2017

I am a Lady. I press Flowers and stroke Kittens and Swim in Rivers wearing Dresses and Hats and shit - Emily Howard


Because I am a lady and I do lady things, there's nothing I like more than gathering a bunch of ladies together to do lady things as a lady group.

Actually, it more like I really like whacking on a frock with a flower and some red lippy, eating a shit load of calorie laden food and talking about all the important topics with gals. 
(like who would you rather give you a foot massage Tom Hardy or Jason Momoa)

I decided that because life is too short not to eat all the cake that I should have a ladies luncheon.

Life for me has been a wee bit ..... well..... black dogish lately  and I desperately needed a big hit of estrogen pheromone combined with loads of hugs, cheek kisses and filthy filthy smut talk.


The Paddington Deli came highly recommended by the tres chic Mz Billie and Mrs Kelisha and those dames know their shit....so I locked it in.  

Where do I start?

Firstly, I HAD to sew myself a new frock to wear of course.  
I chose Butterick B5951 in a noice brown & cream florally cotton.  It was a real mongrel to sew the weird high gathered neckline and I threw it into the corner a couple of times in frustration and called it some very unladylike names. 
I finally finished it and it turned out pretty good in the end. Winning.





On to the luncheon..................

From the moment we all arrived, Annie the owner/manager could NOT do enough for our rambunctious group of dames and I think some of the other diners were wondering who the heck this bunch of dolled up dolls were.

ANNIE

We were taking advantage of their lunch special which was $25 for a set menu of either entree & main or main & dessert WITH a glass of wine.




I had the herb/garlic bread for entree and the eggs Benedict with smoked salmon for main.  Luckily for me Mrs Simone is on a diet and I was donated her dessert of lemon meringue (MY FAV).





The food was AMAZING and for my friends with funky guts they had a great range of gluten free.
So fresh and tasty and the sizes were huge. TWENTY FIVE BUCKS!!!





We hardly had to wait at all for the food and drinks and the tables were constantly cleared so we didn't knock over the glassware while gesticulating wildly while describing our latest news events.
The beautiful young lasses who work there were just so friendly and professional.

The restaurant itself is so lovely with lots of brickwork, chandeliers and fabulous artwork. .... 
AND it's right next door to the Paddington Antique Centre.
How convenient !!!!










After gorging ourselves silly most of us then went next door to the Antique Centre for a quick *cough* "look". It has been a few years since I've been and I must admit I didn't see too much of interest to me. A lot of  ye ole antique things but not much mid century and alas, no squeekie toys.  (The exception being the gorgeous Mrs Anna's store Mrs Duchess Vintage.... 
I want ALL THE HATS).  



I naturally was drawn to The Button Shop which sells a lot of ........... well.... buttons.  
Even though I wanted to buy everything I ended up only buying 3 belt buckles. I was surprisingly restrained.  Oh I could have spends thousands on glorious marcasite brooches too. Sigh.








Everyone had a lovely time of it catching up and having a laugh.  

I think there is a few of us who really needed a relaxing lunch with other chicks that we can relax and cack ourselves with and not to mention we all LURVE an excuse to pull a fabulous frock out of the cupboard and get tarted up to go out for some good company.




I am very very blessed to know a stack of incredible, talented caring wonderful ladies who support each other.  They make my heart all warm and gooey like a Cadbury cream egg left on the dash of your car.






I am still smiling like a Rottnest Island Quokka taking a selfie.



xoxoxooxox



6 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog.
    You always look as if you have the best of times, so I say step out more often, be with the ladies that make you feel wonderful. And come back here and write of your adventures so that we can share it with you.
    Don't stay away too long! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwww thanks heaps. I've been slack as with my blogs haven't I. xoxooxox

      Delete
  2. Great dress! Some of those vintage collar styles can be torturous to put together. Looks like a fab brunch place and I love visiting the antique centre ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I highly recommend this place for lunch next time you are in Paddington. It was scrummy.

      Delete
  3. well written too. pleasure to read

    ReplyDelete