Saturday, January 7, 2017

This is the Heavy Heavy Monster Sound


So, yawl might remember my blog post about seeing Bad Manners where The Sunny Coast Rude Boys supported.   
WELL
How excited was I to find out through the miracle of social media that TSCRB had their very own gig at The Triffid as part of the Rude Boy/Rude Girl Dance Club?!!!

This time I was stoked that hubby came along too.



After some great traditional ska music from DJ Dave Slater it was time show time.

As usual, I was right up the front with a huge goofy smile on my face.
Looking around I was so excited to see the venue was full and the local ska loving community had come out to support the night. 



Well, what can I say?

As usual, TSCRB were brilliant.  So tight and Michael (the lead singer)'s vocals were fantastic.
Even though they are essentially a covers band I love how they put their own spin on a lot of the tunes.  They offer such a variety too.  Gorgeous melodic reggae to traditional ska to knees up nutty ska.   


Looking around the room it was obvious the crowd was LOVING IT and GOING ORRRFF!
A number of times the rude boy skanking next to me would look at me and scream "How fucking great is this??!!!"   I was bouncing up & down and skanking like a crazy woman.

Highlights for me were their cover of Paul Kelly's "Dumb Things" which it turns out is PERFECT for a ska cover,  "Town Like Malice" and needless to say, EVERYBODY lost their shit when they played "One Step Beyond".


Sadly it finally came to an end and I was one VERY sweaty, stinky, aching, sore exhilarated gal.

Now if these guys would just play once a week I would be fit as !!!!

Not only are these guys incredible musicians are are all really friendly and it is obvious they love what they do and are having a great time on stage.  It must be so great to play to a room of people who are passionate about your genre of music.  I know that down in the pit the vibe is just fantastic.

If you are a person who doesn't know what SKA music you really should check it out.
It is FUN music that never fails to put it's listener in a Great mood.

Here's a crowd favourite as a sampler:





Sure my knees, feet and calves feel like I've done the Tough Mudder Course 6 times in a row 
but   SO WORTH IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment