Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dolly Parton is touring Australia

After months & months of rumours it was finally confirmed today that Dolly Parton is finally touring Australia. She is playing at The Brisbane Entertainment Centre 25th & 26th of November.
I have been a huge Dolly fan since I was little. My parents had this old VHS tape of Dolly live & I used to watch it over & over again. I remember sitting cross-legged with my chin on my hands rivetted to the screen. I thought she was one of the most beautiful woman in the world. Not just in appearance but in her personality. She just seemed like such a wholesome modest almost shy person.
Even though I love just about all of her songs & I regularly crank the song "9 to 5" up on my ipod in the car after a crappy day at work, my favourite song is "Me & Little Andy".
I used to absolutely ball my eyes out when I would watch her sing this song. It is a simple song but it is just so sad & lovely.
I cannot wait to see Dolly live & hear her amazing voice for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment